No./Title: SIM114 – Sim Equipment, Supplies- Storage
Resp. Office: CHIPS
Approval Body: CHIPS
Effective Date: 06/08/2021
Last Review: 06/08/2021
Next Review: 06/08/2024
Contact: Executive Director CHIPS
SIM 109- Sim Equipment, Supplies- Separation
SIM 115- Sim Equipment, Supplies- Loan
- Simulation Faculty/Facilitators: Any person meeting minimum simulation competencies, as determined by the Director of Education, who is associated with the delivery and planning of the simulation activity
- Simulation items: any equipment or supplies used to support the fidelity of clinical simulation encounters.
- Support areas: areas secured for equipment storage, prep, and maintenance (i.e. CHIPS core areas).
- Supply storage area: a secured inventory space accessed only by CHIPS staff.
The Center for Healthcare Improvement and Patient Simulation (CHIPS) will store all simulation equipment and supplies in a designate, secured space. CHIPS Staff are responsible for ensuring the safe storage of all simulated equipment.
- CHIPS Staff ensure that all simulation spaces are locked and secured at the close of business each day to protect simulation equipment.
- All simulation items will be stored in a secured, designated, and locked support space.
The protocol for safe storage of consumable simulation items follows:
- Packages are signed in and placed on the wire rack in the loading dock and a notification is sent out to CHIPS Staff.
- CHIPS Operations staff that accept the package must sign off on the packing slip and place in the appropriate tray in the Administration Office (Room 120)
- CHIPS Operations staff will complete the entry of the items into the inventory management system with the appropriate quantity and location.
- CHIPS Operations staff will move the item from the loading dock to the supply storage area.
- Removal of items from the supply storage area to the support areas should be reflected in the inventory management system.
- Only CHIPS Staff should access the equipment support areas unless special permissions have been granted to Simulation Faculty/ Facilitators by the Executive Director.
- All support spaces are to be kept in a tidy, working manner.
Effective: June 8, 2021
Approved: CHIPS, June 8, 2021