No./Title: SIM109 – Sim Equipment, Supplies- Separation
Resp. Office: CHIPS
Approval Body: CASA
Effective Date: 01/15/2019
Last Review: 01/15/2019
Next Review: 01/15/2022
Contact: Chad Epps, Executive Director CHIPS
Sim Equipment, Supplies- Storage
Sim Equipment, Supplies- Loan
- No supplies or equipment in CHIPS will be used for diagnostic purposes or actual patient care.
- Every attempt will be made to ensure that supplies and equipment used for simulation purposes do not enter the actual patient care environment.
- Equipment in CHIPS do not undergo the same degree of maintenance, calibration, and upgrading as is required in the actual patient care environment. Hence CHIPS equipment should not be used for actual patient care and any diagnostic results delivered from this equipment should not be interpreted with a low degree of confidence.
- All simulation supplies/equipment will be labeled as “For simulation only.”
- Items are procured or donated to the center will be processed by a member of the CHIPS Operations team during which time they will be labeled as “For simulation only.”
- The pre-brief for all simulation activity in the center will include a statement to inform leaners that all equipment and supplies, though they may be real, are for simulation use only.
- At the completion of any simulation activity involving medical supplies (including simulated or real medications), the learners will be reminded to check their pockets and leave any supplies from the simulation in the center to avoid simulated items entering patient care areas.
Effective: January 15, 2019, Committee on Academic and Student Affairs (CASA)
Approved: January 15, 2019, Chancellor