SIM108 – Sim Equipment, Supplies-Maintenance
No./Title: SIM108 – Sim Equipment, Supplies- Maintenance
Resp. Office: CHIPS Approval Body: CHI P S
Effective Date: 01/15/2019
Last Review: 04/28/2022
Next Review: 04/28/2025
Contact: Executive Director CHIPS
SIM 114 – Sim Equipment, Supplies-Storage SIM 115 – Sim Equipment, Supplies-Loan
SIM 109 – Sim Equipment, Supplies-Separation
1) Users: Anyone utilizing CHIPS resources (e.g., students, residents, faculty, or external clients).
Equipment in CHIPS will be maintained at a level that ensures all educational needs of users can be met.
Equipment used for simulation purposes will be monitored and maintained in accordance with the maintenance plan (See Appendix 1).
- The Maintenance Plan sets the pre- and post-event plans, preventative plans, and predictive maintenance plans for each type of simulation equipment (manikins, task trainers, medical equipment, etc.)
- Each CHIPS Operations Staff member is assigned to a particular equipment maintenance workload via our electronic tracking system.
- CHIPS Operations Staff are expected to log their maintenance dates and any issues discovered, resolved, or the need for additional maintenance support.
- The Equipment Maintenance Plan will reflect manufacturer recommendations and other available standard guidelines.
- Users are expected to inform CHIPS staff of any equipment malfunction.
- CHIPS staff members will notify the Operations Lead of any known equipment malfunction or the need to seek additional solutions.
- As software updates become available, the CHIPS Operations Staff, under the direction of the Operations Lead, will devise a plan to upgrade the equipment without affecting upcoming simulation activity in the building.
- At the completion of any software upgrade, the staff member will test the compatibility of the new upgrade to ensure that it is functioning optimally.
- When annual maintenance agreements are secured through a vendor, CHIPS staff will ensure that annual preventative maintenance checks are performed as outlined in the maintenanceagreement.
- The Operation Lead will oversee maintenance agreements and notify CHIPS staff when there is a change in status.
- Equipment user manuals should be stored on the CHIPS Shared Drive and accessible by all CHIPS staff.
- Sim Equipment-Maintenance Plan
- Simulator Maintenance Tracking
- Manikin Warranty Status
Effective: January 15, 2019, Committee on Academic and Student Affairs Approved: April 28, 2022, Executive Director, CHIPS