No./Title: SIM 111 – Sim CHIPS Access
Resp. Office: SIMULATION
Approval Body: CASA
Effective Date: 01/01/2019
Last Review: 03/02/2021
Next Review: 03/02/2024
Contact: Executive Director CHIPS
SIM105- Sim Faculty-Facilitator Responsibilities
SIM106 – Remediation, Makeup, and Practice Policy
SIM xxx – Meetings
SIM110 – Tours
- Participants: anyone involved in or observers of simulation activity (e.g., students, learners, educators, instructors, faculty, staff, or observers)
- Learner: Student, resident, or healthcare professional engaged in a simulation-based educational or assessment activity.
- Simulation Faculty Facilitator: Any person meeting minimum simulation competencies, as determined by the Director of Education, who is associated with the delivery and planning of the simulation activity
- The Center for Healthcare Improvement and Patient Simulation (CHIPS) regulates access to physical spaces in order to promote a safe, secure, and healthy environment for all simulation participants.
- CHIPS maintains business hours of Monday 9am-5pm and Tuesday-Friday 8am-5pm.
- UTHSC students, faculty and staff are granted badge access to CHIPS entry doors during normal business hours.
- Badge access to spaces inside CHIPS must be approved by the Executive Director.
- Anyone accessing CHIPS that is not a UTHSC student, faculty, or staff must sign in and out at the main entrance, 26 S Dunlap Street.
- All learners or participants in CHIPS must be supervised by a Simulation Faculty Facilitator, unless granted special permission by the Executive Director.
- Any access CHIPS outside normal business hours must be approved by the Executive Director.
- Access to CHIPS is limited to simulation participants and individuals that have scheduled meetings or other business with CHIPS staff.
- Learners, students and other participants should not loiter in or use CHIPS space for unapproved purposes.
- Individuals or groups wishing to tour CHIPS should submit a tour request online.
- Individuals or groups that would like to use CHIPS for meetings or other non-simulation events should submit a meeting request online.
- Individuals or groups wishing to utilize CHIPS for practice should complete a request for independent practice online.
Effective: January 2019
Reviewed: March 2, 2021, CASA
Approved: March 6, 2021, Chief Academic Officer