No./Title: SIM 110 – CHIPS Tour
Resp. Office: SIMULATION
Approval Body: CASA
Effective Date: 01/01/2021
Last Review: 03/02/2021
Next Review: 03/02/2024
Contact: Executive Director CHIPS
SIM100- Sim Confidentiality, SIM 111- Sim CHIPS Access,
- Learner: Student, resident, or clinician engaged in a simulation-based educational or assessment activity
- Safe learning environment: a learning environment where it is clarified that learners feel physically and psychologically safe to make decisions, take actions, and interact in the simulation.
- All tour requests should be made through the online request form and must be approved by the Executive Director or Operations Lead.
- Any person or group requesting a tour of CHIPS is to submit an online Tour Request via the CHIPS website.
Requests will be processed by the Executive Director or Operation Lead using the following criteria:
- Availability of the Simulation Center at the requested date and time
- Availability of CHIPS Staff
- Ability of CHIPS to meet the specific needs of the tour request
- Strategic importance of the requested tour
- A CHIPS Staff will be present to guide all tours, unless previously approved by the Executive Director or Operations Lead.
- Any tour group operating without a CHIPS Staff member present will be given the CHIPS Tour Script to assist with the delivery of the tour.
- To protect learner confidentiality and the safe learning environment, all tour groups must adhere to the posted “Simulation in Progress” signage. No passage of tour groups beyond this sign is allowed.
- The Executive Director holds the right to revoke tour privileges for any group found in violation of the posted signage or exhibiting any inappropriate behavior.
- Offices or Colleges leading approved tours will work with CHIPS staff to orient the tour leaders as needed.
- Tour requests considered non-strategic, as determined by the Executive Director or Operations Lead, will be provided a link to the CHIPS Virtual Tour video.
- CHIPS Tour Script
Effective: January 2021
Reviewed: March 2, 2021, CASA
Approved: March 6, 2021, Chief Academic Officer