No./Title: SIM 113 – Sim Learner Evaluation of Activity
Resp. Office: CHIPS
Approval Body: CASA
Effective Date: 03/02/2021
Last Review: 03/02/2021
Next Review: 03/02/2024
Contact: Executive Director CHIPS
SIM105- Sim Faculty-Facilitator Responsibilities
- Simulation activities will be evaluated by learners in a systematic and routine manner.
- Lead Simulation Educator/ Faculty/Facilitator [referred to in this document simply as “Lead Faculty/Facilitator”]:The Simulation Educator/ Faculty/Facilitator that carries primary responsibility for the activity, serves as the main point of contact, and is responsible for recruiting other Simulation Faculty/Facilitators and content experts as needed
- Learner – Student, resident, or healthcare professional engaged in a simulation-based educational or assessment activity
- Simulation activity at CHIPS will be evaluated by Learners on a regular basis, as determined by the Directors of Education and/or Assessment.
- After the simulation, Learners will complete the CHIPS Simulation Evaluation, attached as Appendix A, either as hard copy or electronically. To avoid survey fatigue and /or confusion with multiple requests, any other learner evaluation of the simulation educational event must be pre-approved by the Directors of Education and/or Assessment.
- Learner Evaluations collected by hard copy will be entered into the electronic database by CHIPS staff.
- Learner Evaluations will be reviewed by appropriate CHIPS Educational staff and, as needed, an improvement plan implemented.
- A summary of Learner Evaluations will be sent to the Sim Educator/ Lead Faculty.
- Under appropriate IRB approval, Learner Evaluation data may be used for scholarly activity.
Appendix A: CHIPS Simulation Evaluation
Effective: March 2, 2021
Reviewed: March 2, 2021, CASA
Approved: March 6, 2021, Chief Academic Officer