Collected tips and techniques for navigating PolicyTech:
- Public URLs
- Browsers: We recommend using IE11 or Chrome to view and edit in PolicyTech.
- Printing: Two options for printing: 1) Use the standard Adobe menu that is displayed when you hover over a policy (using a recommended browser). The printer icon is the second from the left; 2) or CTRL+P to bring up print dialog.
- Need to navigate long policy documents? PolicyTech uses standard Word functionality. For Windows users, to go to top of document (CTRL-Home); to go to end of document (CTRL-End).
- PolicyTech User Guide (for Administrators)
UT System Policies were migrated to a new document management system, PolicyTech. Permanent redirects have been established for individual policies.
Some features of the new system:
- Policy owners can author policies in MS Word
- Ability to track revisions, retain previous versions and history of a policy
- Workflow for approvals, periodic review, and expiration
- Role based security
- Email notifications of events
- PDF automatically generated for public viewing
- Robust search: by department, document owner, approver, document type, policy type, or custom search