Tips and Techniques for navigating PolicyTech:
- Public URLs: It is often desirable to embed links to a specific policy within an email, other websites, or external documents. Effective September 25, the browser url is the public url so you may copy / share the browser url. For more details on public urls, click here.
- Search Tips for PolicyTech (PolicyTech Public url = https://universitytennessee.policytech.com/?public=true&siteid=1)
- Search Tips for WordPress (WordPress site = https://policy.tennessee.edu)
- Need to navigate long policy documents? PolicyTech uses standard Word functionality. For Windows users, to go to top of document (CTRL-Home); to go to end of document (CTRL-End).
On October 1, 2017, UT System Policies were migrated to a new document management system, PolicyTech. Permanent redirects were established for individual policies that existed at that time.
Some features of the new system:
- Policy owners can author policies in MS Word
- Ability to track revisions, retain previous versions and history of a policy
- Workflow for approvals, periodic review, and expiration
- Role based security
- Email notifications of events
- PDF automatically generated for public viewing
- Robust search: by department, document owner, approver, document type, policy type, or custom search