TITLE: Performance Review
EFFECTIVE: 1 JUN 2008
REVIEWED: 26 MAR 2015
PURPOSE: To provide all regular IPS employees and their supervisors an opportunity to discuss the employee’s job performance, set goals for professional development, and establish objectives for contributing to the department’s mission.
- The APR (annual performance review) occurs annually for all employees for the period of January through December. The review takes place during the following months of January through March. The APR is placed in the employee’s personnel file, entered into IRIS, and provides information for performance based salary increases, when available.
- During the first six months of an employee’s employment, known as the probationary period, the supervisor conducts a written performance review with the employee. This six month review is placed in the employee’s personnel file.
- During the APR, the supervisor and employee shall make plans for the employee’s professional development activities to be accomplished during the next review period.
- The supervisor must complete the University of Tennessee’s Performance Review Summary form in addition to the agency’s approved APR form.
- If an employee is rated overall with a less than “fully exceeds expectations”, the supervisor must complete a plan for improvement on the employee and this will be done quarterly for the remainder of the calendar year (i.e. April‐June, July‐October). This should articulate the specific steps that need to be accomplished during the quarter or for the remainder of the year and reviewed with the employee. Both the supervisor and employee should sign the plan for improvement and submit to the IPS HR officer by the middle of the month following the quarter.
- If an employee is rated overall with a less than “fully exceeds expectations,” and this is the second year of achieving these ratings, the supervisor must complete a plan for improvement for the employee on a monthly basis. This plan for improvement should be reviewed with the employee and signed by both and submitted to the IPS HR officer by the middle of the month following the preceding month. The plan for improvement should begin in April of the year and continue through November.
HR0128 ‐ Human Resources Development
HR0129 ‐ Performance Review
Performance Review Summary Form
CONTACT: Judie Martin, 865.974.1535, email@example.com