To align University of Tennessee at Chattanooga (UTC) standards of practice with University of Tennessee System-wide policy for developing, maintaining and documenting an Acceptable Use program.
This program applies but is not limited to employees, contractors, agents, and representatives accessing, using, or handling UTC information technology resources.
This document is a UTC-specific Standard based on University System-wide policy. Each User of UTC resources is required to be familiar and comply with University policies, and acceptance is assumed if the User accesses, uses, or handles UTC information technology resources.
The Chief Information Officer (CIO) is the Position of Authority (POA) for Information
Technology at UTC and responsible for IT security at the University of Tennessee Chattanooga.
- The CIO has overall responsibility of the Acceptable Use (AUP) program at UTC.
- The Chief Information Security Officer (CISO) is responsible for overseeing the Acceptable Use program.
- System owners/administrators are responsible for ensuring users of their respective system(s) read and understand the AUP.
- UTC adopts and adheres to the University of Tennessee System-wide Policy IT0110 – Acceptable Use of Information Technology Resources, which addresses:
- User Privacy.
- User “Dos and Don’ts.”
- University Rights.
- Copyrights and Licenses.
- Misuse of IT Resources.
- The AUP is available for viewing at: IT0110 – Acceptable Use of Information Technology
IT0110 – Acceptable Use of Information Technology Resources