TITLE: INF120 – Security Incident Reporting and Response Procedures
EFFECTIVE: 14 MAR 2014
REVIEWED: 26 MAR 2015
PURPOSE: To provide a mechanism for the creation and maintenance of a security incident response plan for the UT Institute for Public Service as required by UT policy IT0122 – Security Incident Reporting and Response. Furthermore, the plan and these procedures will detail detecting, communicating, responding to and reporting security incidents.
- The institute information technology resources will develop a plan for Security Incident Response (SIRP).
- The SIRP will be presented to IPS Leadership for approval;
- On an annual basis, by September 30 each year, the SRIP will be updated and revised to meet the needs of the institute as well as the university;
- The updated SIRP will be presented to institute leadership for approval on an annual basis;
- Prior to updating the plan, the plan must be reviewed, tested for thoroughness, and results documented. The results should be used in support of item 1 of these procedures;
- The plan will be presented to IPS Leadership for approval.
- On an annual basis, by September 30 of each year, the plan will be updated and revised to meet the needs of the institute as well as the university.
- The updated plan will be presented on an annual basis to institute leadership for approval.
UT IT0122 – Security Incident Reporting and Response
IPS Security Incident Response Plan
Scott Gordy, 865.974.4944, firstname.lastname@example.org