This procedure provides the required drug testing procedures for CDL and non-DOT drug testing.
The procedures follow.
A. DRUG TESTING PROCEDURES For CDL
- Random test will be conducted each quarter.
- Environmental Health and Safety will receive an e-mail from the National Toxicology Specialist, advising of the names of our employees, if any, that are to be tested for that period.
- If for some reason a person selected is unavailable to be tested, we will send an e-mail to email@example.com advising her of the reason or updating the list of drivers.
- We will then complete a State of Tennessee, Drug Collection/BAT Request Form and a Federal Drug Testing Custody and Control Form for each individual selected to be tested.
- The employee will be contacted and advised to come immediately to the Office of Environmental Health and Safety to pick up the forms and proceed to the Martin Medical Center for specimen collection. Specimen will then be forwarded to the National Toxicology Lab for testing analysis.
- Results of the test will be sent to the Office of Environmental Health and Safety by National Toxicology Specialist.
B. Non-DOT DRUG TESTING
Non Department of Transportation drug test procedures will be conducted similarly to the CDL testing procedure for CDL employees; however, the notification process will be different. Random tests for non-CDL employees will be conducted when there is reasonable suspicion by a supervisor that an employee is under the influence of drugs or alcohol. Steps 4, 5, and 6, above will be followed and the employee may be escorted to the Martin Medical Center where an observed test will be performed. Positive results are handled based upon severity in according to the UT Policy SA-0720.
C. STANDING COMMITTEE
Human Resources reserves the right to form a committee to provide guidance to supervisors regarding positive results.