Fiscal Policy 705 – International Travel
UTIA Supplemental Policy – March 2014
Beginning March 1, 2014, the following categories of faculty, staff, undergraduate and graduate students traveling abroad are required to complete the on-line international travel registration process before commencement of the international trip.
- All Faculty, Staff, and Students traveling abroad on University funds
- All Faculty, Staff and Students traveling abroad on University business without University funds (example: a faculty member is invited to give a key-note address at a conference and his/her costs are fully paid by the conference)
- All Students traveling abroad and receiving academic credit
- All Students traveling abroad on non-credit programs sponsored by academic programs/departments
International travel registration is critical to the University’s risk management program and will allow the University to communicate with faculty, staff, and students in the event of an emergency. Registration is also required for faculty, staff, and students to receive emergency assistance from International SOS.
Students traveling on a faculty/staff member’s travel authorization request must also complete the on-line international travel registration process.
Students participating on study abroad programs through the Center for International Education are automatically registered and do not need to register again.
The link (international travel registration) can be found at http://cie.utk.edu/travel/
If the registration process is not completed before commencement of the international trip:
- The traveler will not receive travel authorization and s/he will not be reimbursed for expenses
- The traveler will not receive assistance from International SOS
Thank you for your attention to this matter.
For help with the registration process, please go the international travel registration link provided above. For other questions, please contact, Pia Wood, Associate Provost and Director at email@example.com.
The chief business officer (or designee) and the university treasurer (or designee) must approve any exceptions to this policy.