Knoxville Campus Policy: FI0405-K Procurement
Effective Date: 04/27/2018
Office of Budget and Finance
Procurement – Bidding Requirements – Fiscal Policy FI0405
To provide policies and procedures for the Knoxville campus and UTSI for the informal bidding process as a supplement to fiscal policy.
Fiscal Policy FI0405 allows campuses to perform an informal bid process up to a dollar amount of
$49,999. The Knoxville and UTSI campuses must receive prior approval through the Campus Business Officer (CBO) or their designee for authority to informally bid goods or services from $10,000 to $49,999 at the department level. If authority is granted by the campus, the Purchasing Director will be notified by the CBO or designee
The department head must submit a request to the CBO stating the following:
- The purpose of the request and the benefits to be obtained by the delegation of the informal bid process.
- Acknowledgement that the Informal Bid rules have been read and thoroughly reviewed with staff responsible for this process. https://procurement.tennessee.edu/how-do-i-buy/informal-bid-rules/
- A statement the department, nor any related personnel have been notified of purchasing violations within the past 24 months.
- A listing of personnel who will participate in preparing/performing departmental informal bids.
- A statement that the department will follow all related purchasing policies.
- Authorization from the College or Unit’s Budget Director or lead Campus Fiscal Office.
Upon review of the request, the CBO will decide whether the request is granted as well as application of any special considerations or restrictions related to the authority granted. The CBO may rescind authority granted under this policy at any time.