University Fiscal Policy FI0320 – Indicia Licensing, Promotions, and Sponsorships provides guidelines for use of the UT System logo and the University of Tennessee Science Center (UTHSC) logo by student organizations.
The policy applies to everyone involved in the production of materials or products bearing the UTHSC name, image, or logo whether for personal use or a philanthropic/fundraising event. Specifics of the UTHSC policy are set out below.
Any UTHSC staff, faculty, and student requesting use of the UTHSC logo or brand on promotional products and apparel.
- Trademark and Copyright
- Only those student organizations that are officially recognized by the Office of Student Success are permitted to use the UT System/UTHSC trademarks, logos, and branding in conjunction with their name.
- To ensure consistency in the use of the University’s name and logos, all products, signage, or packaging bearing reference to the University of Tennessee must be produced by manufacturers licensed through the University’s licensing agent, the Collegiate Licensing Company (CLC). The UT System’s Office of Trademark Licensing and the UTHSC Procurement Services maintain a list of approved campus suppliers and licensees.
- Those wishing to sell a product bearing the university’s name, image, logos, or other trademarks as part of a philanthropic or other fundraising event, must submit a solicitation request and receive approval through the Office of Student Success. Additionally, items must be approved by the UT Office of Trademark Licensing before being produced.
- Any use of the UT System or UTHSC logo must adhere to the UT System and UTHSC Branding Guidelines.
- The Office of Communications and Marketing serves as a resource for those needing assistance with the design and production of their products.
Related Policies/Guidance Documents
FI0320 – Indicia Licensing, Promotions, and Sponsorships
UT System Brand Guide