Skip to content
- Department completes T-35 (A/R Write-off Request) using Fiscal Policy FI0305: Accounts Receivable.
- Note on top of form in red: “BANNER – DO NOT RE-ENTER! All entries will be made in Banner.”
- Attach a printed list of students with Banner ID numbers and amount to write off. Do not print social security numbers (SSN).
- Department submits T-35 form and printed list (without SSN) to Bursar. This list should also be sent electronically in Excel format to the Bursar.
- Bursar reviews for policy compliance and
- Sends to Vice Chancellor for Finance and Administration (VCFA) for approval, if correct
- Contacts department if further information or corrections are required
- VCFA provides approval and
- Returns original to the Bursar
- Sends signed copy to department requesting write-off
- Department makes entry into Banner after receiving signed copy.
- Accounts receivable training is offered annually by the Bursar.
- As part of required due-diligence for accounts receivable, accounts with a balance of $50 or more are referred to collection agencies by Bursar prior to writing off the account balance.
- Contact the Bursar in the Bursar’s Office regarding this page.
FI0305-M – Accounts Receivable Write-off Procedures
Version: 1 // Effective: 05/02/2012