Title: Email Signatures and Photos
Resp. Office: Communications and Marketing
Effective Date: 05/24/2019
Last Review: 06/17/2019
Next Review: 06/17/2022
Contact: Sally Badoud, Vice Chancellor,
Communications and Marketing
To create and further brand awareness and professionalism through UTHSC emails.
This policy establishes procedures for adding an email signature and photo to UTHSC email accounts.
Everyone who is issued a UTHSC email address.
- Use the Email Signature generator at: https://uthsc.edu/brand/email/index.php
- Please fill out all fields correctly on the Email Signature generator
- Email address should be your UTHSC email
- If your office building and address are the same, please do not repeat them
- Hit “submit” at the bottom when the form is complete
- Two email signatures will be generated – one with, and one without, a logo. The logo version is preferred, but not required.
- Copy your preferred signature (including the logo, if that’s your preferred option) and paste it into your email client (Outlook, Apple Mail, etc.)
- Do not use any other email signatures, photos, emojis, symbols, or text as part of your email signature – only email signatures created from the Email Signature generator listed in #1 above are permitted.
- All phone numbers (telephone, cell, fax, or lab) must have periods in them, not dashes or parenthesis.
- Do not alter the spacing, font, logo, color, or any other part of the Email Signature.
- The only allowed edit to the Email Signature is to add an additional phone, cell, or fax number. To make this edit, please copy the telephone line of text, paste a copy on the next line, highlight the “t:” and change to “f:” for fax numbers, “c:” for cell numbers, “t:” for additional telephone numbers, or “l:” for lab numbers. Please only use the lowercase letters as referenced, with a colon before the number in the format xxx.xxx.xxxx. Any other edits must be approved by the Office of Communications and Marketing.
- Photos may be added to UTHSC email accounts, but are not required.
- If adding a photo to a personal UTHSC email account, only official UTHSC head shots are allowed. Do not upload a personal photo from your cell phone or camera, a photo from social media or another website, or any cartoons, memes, or avatars. Any employees needing an official UTHSC head shot may call 901.448.5544 to schedule a photo.
- If adding a photo to an office/department/college/unit UTHSC email account, only official UTHSC logos will be allowed. Please contact the Office of Communications and Marketing at 901.448.5544 or email@example.com to verify the correct logo for your email account.