UT Health Science Center:
ADM0301-H Appointment to Endowed Professorship or Chair of Excellence
No./Title: ENDOWED PROF OR CHAIR OF EXCELLENCE
Resp. Office: ACADEMIC, FACULTY AND STUDENT
Effective Date: 01/01/1993
Category: Endowed Professorship or Chair of
Last Review: 05/23/2019
Next Review: 05/23/2021
Contact: Cynthia Russell, PhD
- Appointments to an endowed professorship or chair of excellence are initiated by the department, with approval by the dean, through an official appointment letter that is filed with the Vice Chancellor for Academic, Faculty & Student Affairs (AFSA).
- The appropriate Dean’s office should send notification of the filling of an endowed professorship or chair of excellence to the Vice Chancellor for AFSA. Upon notification of the filling of an endowed professorship or chair of excellence, the Vice Chancellor for AFSA will initiate the following:
- Simultaneously provide notification of the appointment to the Chancellor’s Office and the Office of Development and Alumni Affairs
- Notify the Office of Sponsored Projects to allow expenditure from the appropriate account.
- Notify the Office of Finance of the appointment of a chair of excellence.
- Inform the Office of Communications & Marketing of the appointment for proper media announcements.
- Prompt the department office to develop an announcement card for the recipient of the endowed professorship or chair of excellence. Such announcement must be reviewed by the appropriate dean’s office and the Office of Communications & Marketing before printing or any electronic distribution.
- Provide information to the Vice Chancellor for AFSA concerning updates to the list of endowed professorships and chairs of excellence.