The University of Tennessee's policies apply to all campuses and institutes and provide university employees guidance to:
- ensure compliance with state and federal laws and regulations
- maintain adequate internal controls to safeguard the university's assets
- provide consistent management of resources transactions across the system
- understand the university's expectations for conducting university business and communicate these expectations to others as needed.
Newest Policies / Recently Updated
BT0014 – The Board Policy on Public Records (Effective June 26, 2017)
Provides economical and efficient access to public records as provided under the Tennessee Public Records Act, and meets policies and guidelines published by the state of Tennessee’s Office of Open Records Counsel.
HR0345 (Group Insurance) was removed, effective Jan. 24, 2017. Please refer to the payroll and human resources websites for accurate and up-to-date information on employee insurance benefits.
BT0012 – Policy on Settlement of Claims and Litigation (Effective October 14, 2016)
Establishes specific requirements for approval and oversight of the settlement of claims and litigation.
HR0280 – Sexual Harassment & Other Discriminatory Harassment (Effective November 29, 2016)
The University explicitly opposes the harassment of its employees.
HR0220 – Equal Employment Opportunity (Effective November 29, 2016)
It is the policy of the University of Tennessee not to discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment.
- FI0705 – Travel (47997)
- IT0110 – Acceptable Use of Information Technology Resources (47386)
- FI0530 – Procurement Cards (30741)
- HR0305 – Annual Leave (Vacation) (25123)
- HR0330 – Educational Assistance (Fee Waiver) (23125)
- HR0397 – Worker’s Compensation (21837)
- FI0125 – Conflict of Interests (21531)
- HR0525 – Disciplinary Action (21374)
- FI0725 – Use of University Vehicles (19633)
- HR0331 – Educational Assistance (Student Fee Discount) for Spouses and Dependent Children of Employees (19107)